Classic Cars for sale (6137)back to search
1955 BentleyR Type Automatic Saloon B188ZY
A smart, sound and correct example, very nicely finished in an attractive shade of deep red with appealing, original beige leather and excellent, recent headlining and carpets. Included in the file accompanying the car are various maintenance invoices, including evidence of a comprehensive engine overhaul in 2004, carried out by Norman Woolfenden, who we hold in high regard. Since then, the car has only covered about 5,000 miles, and is consequently running very well. Just driven 100 miles to us without missing a beat. The underside, and indeed the whole car, is good and sound, and the car has a complete stainless steel exhaust system fitted. The distributor has been converted to electronic ignition and a modern radio has been fitted, but the necessary parts to convert back to original are included with the car, along with some other spares, including a pair of inertia reel seat belts. Complete with a lovely, correct set of tools, small & large, and the car is correct and complete in all respects. To be fitted with a new set of radial tyres, and offered serviced and prepared. MoT tested until August 2020.
Chassis No. B188ZY Reg. No. OEW 100 £38,500.
Snippets: Hens, Bottles, Books & Ducks
The chassis cards show that B188ZY was first registered with H. C. King of Huckles Farm Eggs of Redhall, Roestock – in November 1908 the road from Roestock Lane to its junction with Redhall Farm was given a speed limit of 10 miles per hour! Redhall Farm had been part of the estate owned by the Gaussen family since 1786 but due to the last male heir dying in 1909 the family were forced to sell part of the estate in order to assist in their finances and in 1914 the first parcel of land which comprised of some 596acres which included Redhall, Parsonage and Tollgate Farm was sold. By 1963 the car is shown as being registered with J G Thomson Ltd of Edinburgh – this firm dates from 1709 and over the centuries this wine & spirit merchant acquired Glen Garioch Distillery (1884) and in 1890 purchased Scott & Allan whose clippers delivered wine, brandy and cork into Leith. In the 1970s Thomson’s suffered a downturn in their fortune and B188ZY was sold to Harold Hale in Ashbourne, he, it would appear was the director of “The Book Shop in Ashbourne and a member of the international Johnson Society (named after Samuel Johnson 1709/84). After a few years with the Hale’s B188ZY is shown as being at Trelough House in Wormbridge – the original home to the “Trelough Ducks”!
General InformationPrint this ad
Model: R Type Automatic Saloon B188ZY
Price: 38,500.00 GBPCurrency Converter
Condition: cond 4 Good
Contact InformationSee other items of this seller
Name: The Real Car
Country: United Kingdom
State or Region: Bethesda
Postal code: LL57 4YS
Tel: +44 1248 602649, +44 1248 600994