Classic Cars for sale (6169)back to search
1950 BentleyMK VI Park Ward Two Door Drophead Coupe B283FU
An exceptionally lovely example of an attractive, rare and desirable ‘long tail’ drop head coupe, which has benefited from a huge amount of restoration work, carried out to a very high standard. The body was fully restored in the 1980s/90s, culminating in a lovely repaint and high quality re-upholstery job, in a very tasteful colour scheme, which really suits the lines of the car. The hood, chrome work and interior wood are excellent too, and the whole car is sharp, smart and looking very pretty. In more recent times, the car has been fitted with a fully overhauled 4½ litre engine and the rear axle has been upgraded to high ratio, both which are very positive and worthwhile modifications. Rewired, incorporating sensible modifications, such as flashing indicators, hazard warning lights, rear fog warning lights, battery isolator, etc, and has electric windows. This work is documented in the file supplied with the car, along with invoices for more recent maintenance work. Fitted with Avon radial tyres, offered prepared, serviced and newly MoT tested. Used very successfully by the last owner for a tour of France and ready for the next one!
Chassis No. B283FU Reg No. JBT 77.
Snippets: The Annihilation of a place called Howdendyke
The 1st owner of B283FU was Richard Norman Pilling of Kiplin Lodge, Howdendyke which his wife Maud (Nee Anderson) had inherited when her brother George Eric Asquith Anderton IV had been killed in WWI whilst serving with the Lancashire Fusiliers. It would seem that history had a habit of repeating itself within the family – George Anderton II (1826/66) left the works to his widow Mary (she remarried to a Mr Brooks) to run until their son George Anderton III (Maud & George’s father) came of age. George Anderton III (1855/1907) died when Maud was 13 & George 12; the family business which included mills, manufacturing, shipping & chemical works were left for his widow (& cousin) Laura Anderton to run. In 1885 Laura wrote “Weary Wealth” under the nom de plume of Mrs Herbert Lea, Laura was also a member of the Asquith political family. When George Anderton IV was killed in WWI he was just 23 and his sister Maude inherited the family business interests with her husband Richard N. Pilling becoming Managing Director. An in-depth book titled “The Annihilation of a place called Howdendyke” by J. D. Porteous has been published which details the Anderton family & their involvement within the community which proves fascinating, including the fact that in 1889 Maude aged just 3 launched a ketch christened the “Maude Mary” which was part of her father’s fleet.
General InformationPrint this ad
Model: MK VI Park Ward Two Door Drophead Coupe B283FU
Price: 125,000.00 GBPCurrency Converter
Condition: cond 3 Very good
Contact InformationSee other items of this seller
Name: The Real Car
Country: United Kingdom
State or Region: Bethesda
Postal code: LL57 4YS
Tel: +44 1248 602649, +44 1248 600994