Classic Cars for sale (6223)back to search
1951 BentleyMK VI H J Mulliner Lightweight Saloon B193HP
The H.J. Mulliner ‘Lightweight’ design is particularly interesting, being in many ways several years ahead of the trend, having a mid-fifties appearance rather than its 1951 date, but at the same time having a delightful vertically divided windscreen, reminiscent of a slightly earlier era perhaps. This example is a good, sound one, benefitting from recent expenditure of about £30,000 with the previous owner who bought the car from us four years ago. Mechanically and structurally good, very useable, smart externally but ideally needing some attention to the interior. The front seat cushions have recently been nicely re-upholstered, but the remainder of the leather is original, some of which needs improvement or replacement. Upgraded to a twin exhaust system (as fitted to the later 'big bore' versions) in stainless steel, including tubular stainless manifolds and the car comes with a comprehensive history file which includes, amongst various documents, letters, invoices, etc, the original logbook from 1951. Offered with a new set of tyres and MoT tested until November 2019.
Chassis No. B193HP Reg No. LXU 595
Supplied by Brooklands of Bond Street – founded in 1931 by Billy Bates & initially located at Great Portland St but by 1937 they had moved to 103 Bond St. During the ‘30s & ‘40s Brooklands were agents for Ferrari, Invictas, Isotta-Franschini, Alvis, Healey, Aston-Martin, Lagonda & Bentley. In March 1951 B193HP was delivered to the firm of Carrington & Dewhurst, Eccleston – the company was set up at Grove Mill in 1885 by Mr A Carrington & Mr J M Dewhurst, the introduction of artificial silk in 1925 meant that weaving cotton was no longer viable. During WWII the firm produced millions of yards of fabric which were used for parachutes & balloons. Various subsidiaries of Carringtons (Bomford Pollard, YEWCO) took over ownership of the Bentley until September 1965 when it became the possession of Stanley North who was a local bandleader. In 1990 the Bentley had relocated to Black Mill Farm, Headcorn near Ashford – between 1769 & 1910 this was the site of a Smock Mill (a 6 or 7 sided building), the name is taken from their resemblance to a farmer’s smock!
General InformationPrint this ad
Model: MK VI H J Mulliner Lightweight Saloon B193HP
Price: 35,000.00 GBPCurrency Converter
Condition: cond 4 Good
Contact InformationSee other items of this seller
Name: The Real Car
Country: United Kingdom
State or Region: Bethesda
Postal code: LL57 4YS
Tel: +44 1248 602649, +44 1248 600994