Ford Zephyr MkII Saloon
The first of the modern post-war cars produced in the Dagenham factory was the Consul in 1950. For the first time, the company used unitary construction, producing a lighter, more ridged structure. The Consul had MacPherson strut front suspension; the brakes were hydraulic and overhead valve engines were introduced for the model.
The Mk II range of the Consul, Zephyr and Zodiac arrived in 1956, with new bigger styling and enlarged four and six cylinder engines of 1703cc and 2553cc. The Zephyr and Zodiac could now achieve up to 90mph.
This Zephyr, finished in the period two-tone colours of light blue and cream, is fitted with a fashionable steel sun visor, boot luggage rack and retains the original distinctive registration number.
We are informed that the engine ‘runs sweet’ and that the motor car drives as one would expect. We understand that the headlining and carpets have been recently replaced; however, the front seat will require some attention. The bodywork is described as in reasonable condition.
The history file contains numerous MOT test certificates, including the current which expires 6.6.12, together with the old V5 registration document and the V5C registration certificate.
Some spare parts will be supplied with the Zephyr.