This original right hand drive Healey was delivered new to Singapore in 1956. It is believed to have been ordered by an RAF or Army officer as it was brought back into the UK through RN Dockyard Chatham and registered in Kent on the 1st june 1958 by a Mr J.G. Roberts. A photocopy of the original Kent County Council import certificate is included in the history file.
Over the years CKN 64 moved to Scotland where a "thirst for fuel and lack of seat belts" led its owner to take it off the road for more than 18 years. In 1990 the car was spotted near St Andrews by an RAF officer who after 5 years of negotiating, persuaded the owner to part with it. It was then moved (by Chinook) to Hampshire and restored in London and Norwich during the mid 1990s.
The body and all the mechanicals were removed and the chassis and inner body rebuilt using new parts where necessary. The chassis was sand blasted, etch primed and the engine rebuilt along with all mechanical components and electrical fittings. The engine was converted to unleaded fuel and the flywheel lightened. One of the only non-original modifications was the dash, which was professionally enlarged above the passengers knees to allow extra gauges and switches. This could be easily removed but is very effective. CKN 64 was then resprayed in British Racing Green cellulose and trimmed in green leather, with green carpets and green hood & tonneau. All photographs and invoices since 1995 to date are available in the history file detailing the restoration work.
Following its rebuild the car was sold to a retired Lt Colonel who unfortunately passed away and the car was bought by a music teacher in West Sussex. Additional improvements were made with an alloy cylinder head, an alloy fuel tank and an updated wiring system. At this time the engine dropped a valve and a correct replacement engine was fitted. The original engine, whose number is still recorded in the V5, is part of this lot along with some 'running spares' and a couple of iron cylinder heads.
During the vendor's ownership the front suspension was re-bushed in SuperPro polypropylene bushes this year, a Moto-Lita steering wheel fitted (the original is included) and a set of alloy wheels added. The original wire wheels are with the car. Complete with an MoT test certificate until August 2012 this rare original right hand drive BN2 boasts an excellent paper trail from owner to owner with original paperwork documenting its early life and seemingly constant military association.
Estimate (£): 35,000 - 40,000